Thursday, November 20, 2014

Entrance Inpiration

The first thing you and your guests see when entering (and leaving) a space is, clearly, the entryway. So in some shape or form it should be memorable, and of course functional! Some of us apartment dwellers don't have the luxury of a distinct entrance. However, anyone, no matter how small your space, can carve out somewhere to place down your keys and take off your shoes. In my NYC apartment, I walk straight into a dining area/living space. For my own source of inspiration, I used several things to make my entrance as fabulous and useful as possible. I broke up the space with a runner, paint, and distinct wall hooks and photographs. There is no doubt my space is small, but defining an area makes all the difference. See below for some inspiration of my favorite entryways. And soon you will get a sneak peak of mine! Enjoy!

Console table, mirror and candles.. simple yet perfect!

Brilliantly carved out entry with a catch-all bowl and carefully placed photos

Grand entrance.. take cues from muted colors, stools for changing shoes, and flowers!

Dramatic entrance with stunning contrast

Create an entry in a narrow hall… modern lighting and 
oversized branches make all the difference!


My entryway photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment