Thursday, October 16, 2014

Carve out a Workspace

An office is often clustered into some corner, rolling file cabinet, a hidden closet, or even shared with the dining room table! But I urge clients to look outside the box. Many people don't think they have the room, or the excess space to devote to a designated bill-paying area. But there is! There always is!
So many of us aren't lucky enough to have a separate office at home right now. Many of us, (including myself!), live in apartments that don't allot for that kind of room. And that's where our creativity comes into play!
I truly believe that having that space inevitably gives you organization in your life. Knowing where important documents are, including: bills, taxes, medical forms, etc. give you all the more functionality in your life. I promise! Given that I myself don't have a designated office, I have shifted where my desk sits in my apartment over the past several months. From a sudo-console table with a bench, to a formal desk facing the window, to now, a vanity inspired desk in my bedroom, you have to find what works best for your space. 
The inspiration images below dictate that there are a multitude of options available for what works as a desk. And accents make all the difference! 

acting as a console table, its desk functionality doesn't stick out! So chic.

book, books and more books!

surround yourself with art and storage

a multitude of seating with a desk in between bookcases is stunning

asymmetrical desk flanking a daybed and bookcases. perfect inspo for a studio!

Photo cred: Elle Decor, Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment